Get connected! After school clubs and activities meet Tuesdays and Thursdays after school. There is an activity bus available to take students home. The activity bus may take longer to get students home than the regular bus, as one activity bus runs for our entire service area. In addition, the drop offs may be different than regular drop off locations.
Heatherwood is offering the following clubs and activities during the 2015-2016 school year (advisors in parentheses):
- Study Club (Mrs. Brenic) — Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 3:00 until 3:50PM, in the library … see below for more info
- Robotics Club (Mrs. Wilson) — Tuesdays and Thursdays after school from 3:00 until 3:50PM, in room 100 — Check out a news release about HawkBots here!
- Art Club (Mrs. Coffman) — Tuesdays after school from 3:00 until 3:50PM. If you are interested in joining Art Club, please pick up an information packet in the office, complete it and return to Mrs. Coffman. The first day of Art Club will be Tuesday, October 6th, in the Art Room, C107.
- Yearbook Club (Mrs. Coffman) — Thursdays after school from 3:00 until 3:50PM. If you are interested in participating in Yearbook Club, please pick up an information packet in the office, complete it, and return to Mrs. Coffman. The first day of Yearbook Club will be on Thursday, October 8th in the Art Room, C107.
- Fiber Arts Club (Mrs. Loewen) — Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 until 3:50PM in room 101. Learn the art of working with fabric, yarn and thread. For questions and information, please contact Mrs. Loewen.
- Vocal Ensemble(Mr. Lim)– Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 3:00 until 3:50PM in the Choir Room from October through February
- School Musical Rehearsal (Mr. Lim)– Tuesdays & Thursdays after school from 3:00 until 3:50PM in the Choir Room from March through May
- Jazz Band meets BEFORE school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and is advised by Mr. Stangland and Mr. Hall. Students audition for this club.
Students are encouraged to try different clubs and drop-ins are welcome. This is a fun way to meet people and share common interests.
Study Club will run every Tuesday & Thursday from 3:00-3:50 throughout the year. Teachers and staff are available in the library to help students with homework and organizational skills. Teachers from almost every discipline are available to answer questions or tutor students having difficulty. Every week, four adults will be in the library to assist students. Mrs. Brencic will log students in, pass out snacks to working students, and help students update their planners and organize their binders. Heatherwood staff are volunteering their time to help students be successful and send the message that schoolwork is critical to their being successful in school. Staff want to take advantage of every opportunity to enable every student to do their best. An activity bus is provided for students. Study club ends at 3:50 & the bus leaves at 4pm on both days. If parents would like to join us, let Mrs. Brencic know … 425-385-6317.