The Heatherwood Middle School PTA would like to welcome new and returning families for the 2017-2018 school year. We are excited to get to know you as you start this new journey with your student into middle school. You are invited to become a part of this experience by volunteering at Heatherwood. You will find a group of involved, caring parents, teachers and staff. We believe in providing our children with an outstanding education, activities that enrich their lives in a variety of ways. If you are interested in volunteering at Heatherwood, please complete and return this form (form lists both school and PTA volunteer opportunities) to the front office at Heatherwood.
All school volunteers must fill out a volunteer application and be screened through the district. They are good for 3 years from the date you were initially screened. Volunteer applications may be completed online or in Heatherwood’s main office. For more information about volunteering in Everett School District or to renew your application, please click here .
Thank you for sharing your time and experiences to support learning in Everett Public Schools and welcome!
Some PTA Activities and Opportunities to Help…
- Fundraising – assisting with the PTA’s annual fundraiser in the Fall and with restaurant dine-outs throughout the year. Must be a PTA member.
- Community Rewards – assist with Boxtops, Labels for Education, Fred Meyer, eScrip (Bartell Drugs), AmazonSmile and Target Community Rewards programs.
- Newsletter – Assist with gathering information for and editing or designing the quarterly Heatherwood Newsletter.
- Staff Appreciation – this group plans and coordinates events such as lunches and small appreciation gifts for the school staff throughout the year. This is a creative and fun way to get involved at the school.
- Book Fair – volunteers will be needed to assist with staffing the book fair. This event will be held twice yearly. Must be a PTA member.
- Socials/Dances – assist with organizing snack sales and providing supervision at Socials/Dances twice per year (in October & in February).
- Programs – assist with assemblies and programs sponsored by the PTA and brought into the school for students throughout the year.
- Eighth Grade Party – a fun event for 8th grade students as they prepare to depart Heatherwood – evening a few days before last day of school
- Eighth Grade Celebration – coordinating a cookie and water reception for the 8th grade Student Moving On Ceremony, representing the culmination of their 3 years at Heatherwood – evening a few days before last day of school
- Volunteers – recruit volunteers to assist when needed